There’s not much in the way of top-tier data again from the U.K. so sterling could keep taking cues from election-related poll results.
Medium-tier U.K. data
- Final manufacturing PMI due Dec. 2, no revisions from 48.3 reading expected
- BRC retail sales monitor due Dec. 3, 0.4% decline projected
- Final services PMI due Dec. 4, no revisions from 48.6 reading expected
Brexit & election updates
- Latest poll results confirm Tories’ lead over Labour at 41-43%
- YouGov poll reflects growing lead for Conservatives
- Survation poll reveals narrower lead at 9 percentage points
- Moving averages show that GBP pairs are all in bullish territory.
- However, stochastic is indicating that GBP/AUD, GBP/CHF, and GBP/JPY are overbought.
Missed last week’s price action? Check out the GBP Weekly Review for Nov. 25 – 29!