July was a terrible month for the (not so) Happy Hunter Trading System. But how did the system fare during the first hunt of August?
Well, the terrible trading conditions during the last two weeks of July were still around, so both system naturally didn’t fare too well.
Still, there was a weak (and choppy) uptrend on August 1, and the Fixed TP Variant was able to score some wins thanks to that. However, the very tight trading conditions have caused ATRH to dwindle to just 22-23 pips, so a full win only yields 0.36% in gains, which makes it hard to recover from losses.
Anyhow, the Fixed TP Variant survived the first trading day of the month with a measly 0.18% in gains.
As for the Trailing Variant, well, limited volatility + weak trends = losses, so the Trailing Variant is starting the new month with a 0.34% scratch.
Anyhow, you can check out the details by clicking on the relevant jump links below.
- The Fixed TP Variant’s Trade Details (click to jump to this part)
- The Trailing Variant’s Trade Details (click to jump to this part)
- The Month So Far (click to jump to this part)
By the way, if you’re a first-time reader and have no idea what this is all about, then just know that I’m forward testing a purely mechanical trading system.
And if you find that interesting, then you may wanna click on the links below to read about and understand the rules of the system.
- The Happy Hunter Price Action System 4.0 (Fixed TP Variant)
- The Happy Hunter Price Action System 4.0 (Trailing Variant)
Also, if you’re wondering what the numbers on the charts are about, they refer to the trade #, based on the chronological order when the signal was generated, not necessarily when the trade was executed.
Oh, also note that you can find the details of each trade in the tables below the chart. If the table is too small to read, just remember that you can click on it to enlarge it.
The Fixed TP Variant’s Trade Details
The Trailing Variant’s Trade Details
The Month So Far
By the way, if you need to check out the previous weeks’ performance, then go ahead and click on any of the relevant links below.
- Week In Review At The Happy Hunter’s Lodge (July 2-6)
- Week In Review At The Happy Hunter’s Lodge (July 9-13)
- Week In Review At The Happy Hunter’s Lodge (July 16-20)
- Week In Review At The Happy Hunter’s Lodge (July 23-27)
Okay, that’s all for now. And as always, I enjoy your feedback, so if you have any questions, or if you found a possible error somewhere, or if you just want to say “hi”, then don’t be shy and write a comment down below!