Counter currency flows pushed euro and franc pairs around, resulting in a mixed run last week. Will it be the same case this time?
Flash CPI reports (starting Mar. 30)
- German preliminary CPI to dip from 0.4% to 0.0% in March
- Spanish flash CPI to fall from 0.6% to 0.7%
- French preliminary CPI to show 0.4% decline
- Euro zone headline flash CPI to fall from 1.2% to 0.8%
- Euro zone core flash CPI to dip from 1.2% to 1.1%
Overall market sentiment
- Market watchers have been more focused on coronavirus-related updates, as well as stimulus efforts, that impact risk-taking.
- The euro and franc tend to benefit from safe-haven flows as traders steer clear of the U.S. dollar.
- Moving averages show that most euro pairs are on bullish ground, except for EUR/CHF and EUR/JPY.
- As for CHF pairs, long-term trend strength analysis reveals that most pairs are still looking bearish.
Missed last week’s price action? Make sure you check out the EUR & CHF Weekly Review for Mar. 23 – 27!