The Fed sure started its week with a big bang! What else can move the dollar in the next few days? Here’s a list.
Retail sales (Mar 17, 12:30 pm GMT)
- Headline retail sales gained 0.3% in January
- December’s numbers revised lower from 0.3% to 0.2%
- Core retail sales also slowed down from 0.6% to 0.3%
- USD slipped across the board at the news
- Headline and core retail sales expected to slow down from 0.3% to 0.2% in February
Lower-tier economic data
- New York manufacturing index (Mar 16, 12:30 pm GMT) expected to drop from 12.9 to 6.1 in March
- Industrial production (Mar 17, 1:15 pm GMT) could gain by 0.4% after 0.3% dip in January
- Building permits (Mar 18, 12:30 pm GMT) to dip from 1.55M to 1.50M in February?
- Philly Fed manufacturing index (Mar 19, 12:30 pm GMT) expected to plummet from 36.7 to 10.2 in March
- RSI considers USD as “overbought” against GBP, AUD, NZD, and CAD on the daily time frame
- USD is trading above its short and long-term SMAs against GBP, AUD, NZD, and CAD
- USD is trading below its short and long-term SMAs against EUR, and CHF
Missed last week’s price action? Read USD’s price recap for March 9 – 13!