It’s gonna be another week of low-tier reports from both the euro zone and Swiss economy, but make sure you keep tabs on these catalysts just in case!
Flash CPI readings (Mar. 3, 10:00 am GMT)
- Headline CPI to stay unchanged at 1.4%, same as in previous reading
- Core CPI to hold steady at 1.1%, same as in previous reading
- Large declines in inflation estimates could revive ECB easing expectations
SNB foreign currency reserves (Mar. 6, 8:00 am GMT)
- Total value of foreign reserves held by the central bank
- Seen as an indicator of currency intervention as a rising value of foreign currencies held might mean that the SNB is trying to keep the franc weak
- Size of foreign currency reserves has been declining since November 2019
- Stochastic reveals that most euro pairs are overbought, with EUR/AUD and EUR/NZD looking the most bearish of them all.
- Meanwhile franc pairs are mostly bearish below their moving averages.
- Based on these, AUD/CHF is the most bearish of the bunch while CHF/JPY is in bullish territory.
Missed last week’s price action? Make sure you check out the EUR & CHF Weekly Review for Feb. 24 – 28!