The British pound is a net loser on the week, mostly moving on counter currency and risk sentiment flows, but seeing mostly uniform weakness at the end, possibly on political drama.
United Kingdom Headlines and Economic data
- Retail sales plunge at fastest pace in 24 years, prompting fears of further job losses and store closures
- Sharpest decline in UK construction output since March 2018
- Bank of England’s Carney says dollar’s dominance is under no immediate threat. But changes are coming.
- John Bercow rejects ending Commons session to force no-deal Brexit
- Undone by Brexit, May steps down as Conservative leader
- U.K. Court Tosses Case Alleging Boris Johnson Lied in Brexit Campaign
- Peterborough by-election: Labour beats Brexit Party to hold seat
- UK house prices show biggest annual rise since Jan 2017 – Halifax
- UK public foresees highest inflation in decade: BoE