I’ve definitely had better weeks. Not only did I lose on my USD/CHF trade, the HLHB Trend-Catcher also ended the week in the red. Ugh! I think I need ice cream to pick me up… lots of it!
Here’s a rundown of the signals that materialized on the HLHB Trend-Catcher last week:
1. Short at 1.3108. Trailing stop hit at 1.3133. -25 pips
2. Long at 1.3148 closed due to new crossover at 1.3109. -39 pips
3. Short at 1.3109 closed due to new crossover at 1.3072. +37 pips
4. Long at 1.3072. Trailing stop hit at 1.3036. -36 pips
5. Short at 1.3028. Trailing stop hit at 1.3043. -15 pips
6. Long at 1.3071 closed due to new crossover at 1.3032. -39 pips
7. Short at 1.3032. Trailing stop hit at 1.2971. +61 pips.
8. Invalid signal since RSI was not above 50.
9. Short at 1.2990, still open…
Net total: -56 pips
I have to be honest and say that I’m disappointed at how my system fared. EUR/USD trended down and I expected it to have caught the move. After all, I didn’t name it the Trend-Catcher for nothing.
It looks like it was not able to handle the volatility that we saw in the markets during the week. A couple of winning trades materialized but their gains were limited and got stopped out on pullbacks.
Oh well, hopefully this week will be better. Feel free to let me in on your trade ideas… Just comment them below!
This content is strictly for informational purposes only and does not constitute as investment advice. Trading any financial market involves risk. Please read our Risk Disclosure to make sure you understand the risks involved.