One the things I love most about the HLHB Trend-Catcher is that it always pays off to be patient. After a few losing weeks, the system finally raked in a huge win on not only one, but both of the pairs that it trades.
Boo yeah! The HLHB Trend-Catcher did really well on EUR/USD last week! For the first time in what seems like forever, it caught a 200-pip trade!
1. Short at 1.3106. Closed at 1.3082 due to new crossover. +24 pips.
2. Long at 1.3082. Closed at 1.3073 due to new crossover. -9 pips.
3. Short at 1.3073. Closed at 1.3082 due to new crossover. -9 pips.
4. Invalid long signal since RSI was below the 50.0 level during the crossover.
5. Short at 1.3079. Closed at 1.3120 due to new crossover. -41 pips.
6. Long at 1.3120. Closed at 1.3083 due to new crossover. -37 pips.
7. Short at 1.3083. Closed at 1.3089 due to new crossover. -6 pips.
8. Long at 1.3089. Closed at 1.3146 when 50-pip trailing stop was hit. +57 pips.
9. Short at 1.3145. 200-pip profit target hit at 1.2945. +200 pips.
Total Gain: +179 pips
The same thing happened with GBP/USD. While the system missed out on a couple of good moves, it was able to catch the huge sell-off towards the end of the week.
1. Short at 1.5565. Closed at 1.5545 due to new crossover. +20 pips.
2. Invalid upward crossover since RSI was below 50.0.
3. Invalid short since RSI did not cross the 50.0 level from above.
4. Invalid long since RSI was below 50.0.
5. Short at 1.5496. Closed at 1.5364 when 50-pip trailing stop was triggered. +130 pips.
Total Gain: +150 pips
It truly is amazing how things turn out, don’t they? Taking the gains on both EUR/USD and GBP/USD should make up for the losses it incurred the past few weeks. With the pairs back in trending mode, I see good things ahead for the HLHB Trend-Catcher!
This content is strictly for informational purposes only and does not constitute as investment advice. Trading any financial market involves risk. Please read our Risk Disclosure to make sure you understand the risks involved.