HLHB Trend-Catcher 3.0
Well, whaddaya know! The last signal from last week turned out to be a winner. On top of that, my HLHB Trend-Catcher 3.0 racked up pips this week!
I wasn’t that happy with how my system performed last week. But luckily, EUR/USD was finally able to break out of its consolidation and allowed the Trend-Catcher 3.0 to end this week with a handful of pips!
Here’s a rundown of the signals that materialized:
1. Bought at 1.3242 (signal from last week), closed at 1.3293. Trailing stop hit: +51 pips.
2. Crossover at 1.3447, not valid. RSI was not below 50.
3. Bought at 1.3413, closed on new crossover at 1.3424: +11 pips.
4. Sold at 1.3424, closed on new crossover at 1.3452: -28 pips.
5. Bought at 1.3452, closed on new crossover at 1.3456: +4 pips.
6. Sold at 1.3456. Maximum profit target was hit at 1.3332: +124 pips.
7. Bought at 1.3327, closed on new crossover at 1.3311: – 16 pips.
8. Sold at 1.3311, trade still open…
Doing the math, my system is up 146 pips for the week. Ain’t so bad, eh?
My EUR/USD trade hasn’t moved much. Yesterday, the pair just consolidated within a very tight range due to the absence of market moving data. I suspect this could change very soon as swing traders close shop for the weekend and long-term traders start positioning themselves for March.
Even though there aren’t any major news releases today, I think that price action is on my side. If you look at the 1-hour chart of EUR/USD, you’ll see that the pair seems to have formed a bearish flag just above the 1.3300 level too. If this major level break, I suspect we’ll see a strong move towards 1.3100! I’m crossing my fingers for this!
This content is strictly for informational purposes only and does not constitute as investment advice. Trading any financial market involves risk. Please read our Risk Disclosure to make sure you understand the risks involved.