Whew! That was a close one! The HLHB Trend-Catcher wasn’t able to filter the fakeouts that materialized last week. Just when I thought that it would finish with a loss, it catches the strong rally in the middle of the week on EUR/USD. That one good trade was enough to erase the small losses it incurred and even close with an 82-pip win!
1. Invalid buy signal since RSI was below 50.0.
2. Short at 1.2998 closed at 1.3004 when 50-pip trailing stop was hit. -6 pips.
3. Long at 1.3098 closed at 1.3070 due to new crossover. -28 pips.
4. Short at 1.3070 closed at 1.3083 due to new crossover. -13 pips.
5. Long at 1.3083 closed at 1.3068 due to new crossover. -15 pips.
5. Short at 1.3068 closed at 1.3085 due to new crossover. -17 pips.
6. Long at 1.3085 closed at 1.3063 due to new crossover. -22 pips.
7. Short at 1.3062 closed at 1.3085 due to new crossover. -23 pips.
8. Long at 1.3085. PT hit at 1.3285. +200 pips.
9. Invalid sell signal since RSI was above 50.0.
Total Gain / Loss: +82 pips
The system’s performance on GBP/USD was magnificent. It filtered out most fakeouts (save for one), and caught three winning trades. Below is a list of what happened.
1. Long at 1.5208. Closed at 1.5340 when the 50-pip trailing stop was hit. +32 pips.
2. Invalid downward crossover. The RSI was above 50.0 when the signal materialized.
3. Invalid buy signal. The RSI was already above 50.0 prior the crossover.
4. Short at 1.5297. Closed at 1.5313 due to new crossover. -16 pips.
5. Long at 1.5313. Closed at 1.5349 when the 50-pip trailing stop was hit. +36 pips.
6. Short at 1.5574. Closed at 1.5538 when 50-pip trailing stop was triggered. +36 pips.
Total Gain / Loss: +88 pips
Overall, I’m happy with the performance of the HLHB Trend-Catcher last week. It allowed me to capture a whopping 170 pips!
This content is strictly for informational purposes only and does not constitute as investment advice. Trading any financial market involves risk. Please read our Risk Disclosure to make sure you understand the risks involved.