It’s alive! The Trend-Catcher finally generated a handful of VALID signals last week. If you remember my last post, the system barely had any when I began applying it to Cable. Here’s a rundown of the trades:
1. Invalid signal since RSI did not cross 50.
2. Long at 1.6060. Closed due to new crossover at 1.6095. +35 pips.
3. Short at 1.6095. Closed due to new crossover at 1.6065. +30 pips.
4. Long at 1.6065. Closed due to new crossover at 1.6029. -36 pips.
5. Short at 1.6029. Closed due to new crossover at 1.6025. +4 pips.
6. Long at 1.6025. Trailing stop hit at 1.6128. +103 pips.
7. Short at 1.6118. Trailing stop hit at 1.6157. -39 pips.
Total Gain/Loss in Pips: +97 pips
Of course, I’m also pretty stoked that the system finished the week with a 97-pip win. Holler!
Sadly, the HLHB Trend-Catcher didn’t perform the same way in EUR/USD. While the system managed to avoid big losses, it failed to capitalize on the strong rally that occured later in the week.
1. Short at 1.3039. Closed at 1.3061 due to new crossover. -22 pips.
2. Long at 1.3061. Closed at 1.3100 due to new crossover. +39 pips.
3. Short at 1.3100. Closed at 1.3086 due to new crossover. +14 pips.
4. Invalid signal since RSI did not cross 50.0.
5. Short at 1.3076. Closed at 1.3090 due to new crossover. -14 pips.
6. Long at 1.3090. Closed at 1.3068 due to new crossover. -22 pips.
7. Short at 1.3068. Closed at 1.3068 due to new crossover. 0 pips.
8. Invalid signal since RSI was already above 50.0 the candle prior.
Total Gain/Loss in Pips: -5 pips
Yes, I know -5 isn’t a big loss but look at trade 8! The move was strong and the system missed it! Ouch.
But as the old adage goes, “don’t cry over spilled milk.” Objectively speaking, last week was a positive one. Let’s see if this week will also yield positive results.
This content is strictly for informational purposes only and does not constitute as investment advice. Trading any financial market involves risk. Please read our Risk Disclosure to make sure you understand the risks involved.