Partner Center Find a Broker

My gut was telling me that this pair would make a downside triangle break last week, and break it did! I haven’t jumped in yet, but here’s what I plan to do.

Short NZD/CHF Trade

I was watching a small ascending triangle on the 1-hour chart of this pair, still deciding whether to enter on a break of support or a test of the resistance. I figured I’d sit on my hands then while waiting for the SNB decision and NZD GDP release.

I wasn’t about to jump in ahead of this week’s RBNZ decision either, but I had a feeling that it would lead to a strong bearish reaction from the Kiwi. After all, the RBNZ has trailed behind the pack in shifting to a more optimistic stance, so they were likely to be among the first to revert to a dovish tone.

Now I wish I set a short order, even for just a tiny position, below the short-term triangle support!

NZD/CHF Daily Forex Chart
NZD/CHF Daily Forex Chart

The RBNZ did turn dovish in its latest announcement, hinting that a rate cut might even be in the works for May or sometime this year. At the same time, a bit of risk aversion is still in play as trade concerns are lingering and Brexit developments are adding uncertainties.

With that, I think this pair could have enough bearish momentum to take it down to the next support level, probably around the mid-channel area of interest at the .6400 handle. Stochastic is still heading lower to confirm that sellers have the upper hand for now.

I’m hoping to catch a quick pullback to the .6800 area for a slightly better short entry, but I’m also open to jumping in on a break of the current consolidation around .6725. I’ll have my stop above the .6900 triangle top and set my initial target at .6425.

What do you guys think?

Happy

This content is strictly for informational purposes only and does not constitute as investment advice. Trading any financial market involves risk. Please read our Risk Disclosure to make sure you understand the risks involved.