With a lack of major Brexit headlines & economic updates, it was another relatively quiet week for Sterling pairs as it most fell on counter currency influences and risk-sentiment.
United Kingdom Headlines and Economic data
- Brexit: Cross-party talks to resume
- Senior Conservatives to vote on ousting Theresa May – Arguably the catalyst for Sterling volatility on the session. Her removal could lead to a break in the Brexit impasse, likely why we saw Sterling rally, and why the Sterling fell after she survived another attempt of her removal.
- UK Public Sector Borrowing At 17-Year Low Of GBP24.7 Billion
- UK’s Hammond: Brexit uncertainty main reason for weak business investment
- Anger over Brexit sparks new grassroots drive for Scottish independence
- Theresa May survives coup attempt after Conservative officials reject early leadership election