There are no major economic reports lined up from the U.K. this week, so is there a chance for sterling to enjoy some volatility? Here’s what’s up!
MPC members’ speeches
- BOE Chief Economist Haldane to deliver a speech titled “The Wealth, Health, and Happiness of Nations” on Feb. 24, 6:30 pm GMT
- BOE Deputy Governor Cunliffe to participate in a panel discussion at the Barclays International Monetary Policy Forum on Feb. 27, 10:30 am GMT
- Haldane to testify again at the Oxford Economics Society on Feb. 28
- Cunliffe to give another speech at China’s Trade and Financial Globalisation conference on Feb. 28
- Trend strength analysis reveals that sterling pairs are all looking bullish but that Cable’s trend is weakening.
- Stochastic paints a mixed picture, with sterling overbought against the yen and Kiwi while approaching oversold conditions versus the Loonie.