The Aussie sees nothing but red against the majors as traders go into risk aversion overdrive this week thanks to the worsening Coronavirus story.
Australian Headlines and Economic data
- Coronavirus cases outside China surge, prompting traders to start traders the new week in fear mode and really staying that way through Friday.
- Already 1-in-6 Australian businesses have been affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19)
- ANZ-Roy Morgan Consumer Confidence decreases to 108.3
- Coronavirus further isolates Iran, strains South Korea, Italy
- Australia’s construction work done slumped 3.0% in Q4 2019 vs. projected 1.0% drop
- Asian shares slump on coronavirus pandemic fears, bonds rally
- New coronavirus cases outside China exceeded those in China for the first time, WHO says
- Australia fourth quarter capital spending slips, bolsters need for more RBA support
- Coronavirus pandemic likely, Australia’s prime minister says
- CDC confirms first US coronavirus case of ‘unknown’ origin; California monitors over 8,000