Both pairs enjoyed rangebound action for the most part of the week and caught some wins.
Here’s how many pips it made lately.
In this revised version of the Short-Term Bollinger Reversion Strategy, I’m waiting for RSI to cross above or below oversold or overbought levels to indicate a bit more momentum in the direction of the trade.
Make sure you review the tweaks here.
USD/CAD had a long position left open from the earlier update, and this already hit the first target at the middle band.
The pair came within striking distance of the full target but fell short by a few pips, so the remaining half was just closed at entry.Another valid long signal popped up, and this also hit the initial target before getting closed at entry on the dip. Too bad price rallied all the way to the top band later on, though!
The next signal was a short play that also made it to the first profit target.
Here’s how it all turned out:
Meanwhile, CAD/CHF was mostly rangebound but didn’t catch any new signals until the latter part of the week.
This long position made it to the first target at the middle band to catch a few pips, before the remaining half was closed on the dip to the entry price.It’s just too bad that the pair also made it to the full target at the top Bollinger Band eventually!
Here’s how it turned out:
With that, the Short-Term Bollinger Reversion Strategy bagged 25.5 pips or 0.51% on USD/CAD and 1.5 pips or 0.03% on CAD/CHF. That’s a total of 27 pips or 0.54% in gains!
That’s another week to add to this system’s winning streak!
Seen how the numbers turned out for Q1 2021 yet?