Partner Center Find a Broker

Got a bunch of small plays on a handful of signals per pair with this mechanical trading system! Here’s how those trades turned out.

In this revised version of the Short-Term Bollinger Reversion Strategy, I’m waiting for RSI to cross above or below oversold or overbought levels to indicate a bit more momentum in the direction of the trade. Make sure you review the tweaks here.

USD/CAD had a short position left open from the other week and it was able to score some pips as it tested the middle band, before eventually getting the rest closed at break even.

USD/CAD 1-hour Forex Chart
USD/CAD 1-hour Forex Chart

The next short play turned out to be a losing one as price simply kept climbing while the last one was also able to snag some profits on a dip to the middle band once more.

Here are the numbers:

Meanwhile, CAD/CHF had a long play that also made it to the middle band before the remaining half was closed at entry.

CAD/CHF 1-hour Forex Chart
CAD/CHF 1-hour Forex Chart

A long signal followed on a test of the bottom band, and this had to be closed when yet another long position was opened.

Here’s how those positions turned out:

With that, the Short-Term Bollinger Reversion Strategy snagged a 34.5-pip or 0.69% loss on USD/CAD and a 10.5-pip or 0.21% loss on CAD/CHF, racking up a total of 45 pips or 0.9% in losses for the week. Ouch!

Have you seen how the numbers turned out for Q3 2019 yet? Oh, and don’t forget to check out Forex Ninja’s Systems Showcase in case you missed it!