Partner Center Find a Broker

Finally got a bunch of signals on both pairs this time! Here’s a recap of how the latest positions from this strategy turned out.

In this revised version of the Short-Term Bollinger Reversion Strategy, I’m waiting for RSI to cross above or below oversold or overbought levels to indicate a bit more momentum in the direction of the trade. Make sure you review the tweaks here.

USD/CAD generated a short signal upon testing the top Bollinger band early on, but the pair just kept trending higher without dipping to the middle.

USD/CAD 1-hour Forex Chart
USD/CAD 1-hour Forex Chart

With that, the sole position for the week was stopped out.

CAD/CHF also had a new position to start off, but this wound up hitting the full stop loss as well. A couple of new bounces materalized, with the second one finally bouncing to the middle band.

CAD/CHF 1-hour Forex ChartCAD/CHF 1-hour Forex Chart
CAD/CHF 1-hour Forex Chart

Unfortunately the open of the next candle after the bounce was lower than the entry, so this was closed for a loss as well. Bah!

These resulted to a 61-pip or 1.22% loss for CAD/CHF and a 50-pip or 1.00% loss for USD/CAD, yielding a total of 111 pips in losses or a 2.22% dent on the account for this system. Not the best of weeks, if I may say so myself!

ICYMI, check out its Q2 2018 performance and if the other forex mechanical strategies fared better in the latest Forex Systems Showdown.