Phew, that was a close one! I thought the HLHB Trend-Catcher would close the week in the red due to the number of invalid trades, but thankfully it did not. It was able to bank 24 pips even though the win/loss ratio was 50%.
Below are the signals that were generated and their corresponding results:
1. Invalid upward crossover. The RSI was below 50.0.
2. Short at 1.2872. Closed at 1.2890 when 50-pip trailing stop was hit. -18 pips.
3. Long at 1.2909. Closed at 1.2949 when 50-pip trailing stop was hit. +40 pips.
4. Invalid downward crossover since the RSI was above 50.0.
5. Long at 1.2894. Closed at 1.2917 due to a new crossover. +23 pips.
6. Invalid downward crossover since RSI was above 50.0.
7. Invalid long signal because RSI was already above 50.0 prior the crossover candle.
8. Short at 1.2919. Closed at 1.2938 due to the new crossover. -21 pips.
Total Gain/Loss: +24 pips
My system fared better on GBP/USD though! Almost all of the signals that materialized closed as winners. Yay!
1. Long at 1.5198. Closed at 1.5233 when 50-pip trailing stop was hit. +35 pips.
2. Short at 1.5228. Closed at 1.5162 when 50-pip trailing stop was hit. +66 pips.
3. Long at 1.5071. Closed at 1.5082 due to a new crossover. +11 pips.
4. Short at 1.5082. Closed at 1.5109 due to a new crossover. -27 pips.
5. Long at 1.5109. Closed at 1.5123 due to a new crossover. +14 pips.
Total Gain/Loss: +99 pips
This content is strictly for informational purposes only and does not constitute as investment advice. Trading any financial market involves risk. Please read our Risk Disclosure to make sure you understand the risks involved.