Winner, winner, I got me a trip to the jeweler! Well, I didn’t really get myself any bling-bling. I just wanted to make it rhyme. However, I think I could have if I wanted to after a winning week!
HLHB Trend Catcher
My HLHB Trend-Catcher did really well last week. Although only 2 of the 7 signals that materialized have closed as winners, my system was able to stack up a 77-pip win.
Here’s a rundown of all the trades:
1. Long at 1.2555. Trailing stop hit at 1.2575. -20 pips.
2. Short at 1.2571. Closed at 1.2545 on new crossover. +26 pips.
3. Long at 1.2545. Closed at 1.2528 on new crossover. -17 pips.
4. Short at 1.2528. Closed at 1.2392 on new crossover. +136 pips.
5. Long at 1.2392. Closed on new crossover at 1.2365. -27 pips.
6. Short at 1.2365. Trailing stop hit at 1.2386. -21 pips.
7. Long at 1.2401. Still open…
I’m pretty happy about how my system fared last week. Now I feel silly remembering how worried I was about its performance in my last post. But I’ll still go through Pompeii’s suggestions about how to improve it better. I’ll let you guys know if I incorporate any changes to the HLHB Trend-Catcher!
My discretionary trade also went STELLAR. Price, after breaking through support, continued to fall further to test the former support. Even though I only hit my first profit target, it was enough to give the trade more than a 1:1 ratio. Below is what happened:
1. Sold at 1.5471
2. Closed half at 1.5275 for 196 pips
3. Closed other half at 1.5353 for 119 pips
Total Gain: +315 pips / 1.58%
According to Pip Diddy, Cable’s huge decline was the result of risk aversion. On Thursday, there were concerns that the Spanish banking system won’t receive the support that it needs and on Friday, the non-farm payrolls failed to meet expectations.
Last week was definitely great. I hope this one turns out amazing as well!
This content is strictly for informational purposes only and does not constitute as investment advice. Trading any financial market involves risk. Please read our Risk Disclosure to make sure you understand the risks involved.