Partner Center Find a Broker

Trade Cancelled: 2013-01-29 02:53


This is why you gotta respect those economic releases and not simply base your trades off technical setups!

As I mentioned last week, I decided to wait for the U.K. GDP release before deciding whether or not I was gonna go short. As it turns out, this was a solid decision, as GDP figures came in much worse than expected, showing a contraction of 0.3%, after early estimates were calling for a -0.1% figure.

This helped trigger some pound weakness, allowing other higher-yielding currencies like the euro to edge higher. Of course, the .8500 didn’t hold and price surged right through it!

Phew! Dodged a bullet on that one!

It’s time to move on from this setup and start looking for new ones! Good luck trading this week, homies!

Trade Idea: 2013-01-24 01:45


I’ll get straight to the point – I’ve got my eye locked on the .8500 handle on EUR/GBP but I’m not quite ready to set orders.

Why .8500?

  1. It was a solid support and resistance level in the past.
  2. It’s a nice round number.
  3. It’s right smack in the middle of the 50% and 61.8% Fib.
  4. It’s one full weekly ATR away from the week open.
With that said, it seems like a prime spot to short EUR/GBP, which I believe has been on an over-extended rally.

Why am I not ready to set orders just yet?

In a nutshell, there’s just too much event risk involved. The U.K. GDP is set for release tomorrow and I think it could serve as a catalyst for a sharp move. Since I don’t want to subject myself to that kind of uncertainty, I’ll wait until after the report is released before I commit to anything.

So for now, it’s wait-and-see for me! What do you think of this setup? Is this something you would take? Let me know in the comment box below!

This content is strictly for informational purposes only and does not constitute as investment advice. Trading any financial market involves risk. Please read our Risk Disclosure to make sure you understand the risks involved.