The trend was UP the entire day.
Today I only looked for long trades.
News events to watch for today :
- 4:30am EST– UK GDP; BBA Mortgage Approvals; Minutes of prior MPC meeting
- 9:00am EST– US Committee vote on ammendments to Dodd-Frank financial regulation law
- 10:00am EST– US Pending Home Sales; FHFA House Price Index
3:00am EST– There was a moving average crossover for a long trade. RSI was greater than 50, stochastics were trending up and MACD went from negative to positive. This was a valid entry.
The entry was at the close of the candle at 1.5609 with a stop at the most recent swing low at 1.5586. Since I was 41 pips away from the nearest 50 or 00 level I put my initial target at 1.5650.
Entry: Long at 1.5609 Stop: 1.5586 Target: 1.5650
3:30am EST- Unfortunately I got stopped out of my trade. (-23 pips)
5:45am EST– There was a moving average crossover for a long trade. RSI was greater than 50, stochastics were trending up, but MACD was already positive from the previous candle. This cancelled out the signal and I did not enter.
9:00am EST– I didn’t even look at this possible signal because it was news candle. No entry.
Trade Result: -23 pips R-Multiple: -1.00
News events to watch for Thursday:
- 6:00am EST– UK CBI Distributive Trades
- 8:30am EST– US Durable Goods; Initial Claims
- 10:00am EST– US New Home Sales