A few months back, I shared with y’all how MetaTrader has made its forex trading terminal accessible through any internet browser. With the MT4 web platform, you can be able to open your trading account on almost any device without having to install additional software!
At that time, only demo accounts from the MetaQuotes-Demo server were available while other features were still being developed. Fast forward nearly half a year later and more than 160 brokers have made this web-trading option available to their clients. Among these are:
Apart from that, MetaQuotes has also been busy rolling out new updates such as the addition of 30 technical indicators that were already available in the MT4 desktop version. These include your moving averages, stochastic, RSI, MACD, Bollinger bands, ADX, ATR, parabolic SAR, and many more.
MetaQuotes also added 14 more languages to the platform, including Croatian, Czech, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, and Swedish. This adds up to a total of 38 available languages on the forex platform and counting!
Prior to this, MetaQuotes enhanced the following features late last year:
- Opening a demo account from the web platform instead (versus email sign-in)
- One-click trading
- New order button and list of symbols visible on main panel
- Selection of periods in History tab
- Active orders visible on chart
- Close By and Multiple Close By trade requests
- Editable properties of graphical objects
- Full-screen mode available on toolbar
- Customizable chart properties: color scheme selection, display of Ask line, period separators, and volumes
- Confirmation data allowing the user to delete account data
Pretty neat, huh? Now this can be a viable alternative for forex traders who would like to be able to access their MT4 accounts while on the go, although mobile platforms are also available depending on your broker. Stay tuned for more updates on this MT4 web platform!