My HLHB Trend-Catcher System's performance last week was as action-packed as the Olympics! Although there were no big trends on EUR/USD, it still closed with a 150-pip gain! Well that is adding the last trade from the week prior.
Remember trade number 12 from my HLHB update last week (short at 1.2258)? It closed at 1.2117 when the 50-pip trailing stop got hit and garnered a 141-pip win.
For last week, my system generated 11 trades and finished with a net win of 9 pips. Not bad if you ask me since EUR/USD was pretty volatile.
Here's a rundown of the trades that materialized:
1. Long at 1.2126. Closed due to new crossover at 1.2111. +15 pips.
2. Short at 1.2111. Closed due to new crossover at 1.2077. +34 pips.
3. Invalid long signal since RSI was not above 50.
4. Invalid short signal since RSI did not cross 50.
5. Long at 1.2090. Trailing stop hit at 1.2120. +30 pips.
6. Short at 1.2130. Closed due to new crossover at 1.2156. -26 pips.
7. Long at 1.2156. Closed due to new crossover at 1.2124. -32 pips.
8. Short at 1.2124. Trailing stop hit at 1.2167. -43 pips.
9. Long at 1.2224. Trailing stop hit at 1.2281. +57 pips.
10. Short at 1.2248.Traling stop hit at 1.2292. -44 pips.
11. Long at 1.2310. Trailing stop hit at 1.2328. +18 pips.
Total Gain (including last week's open trade): +150 pips
Unfortunately, my discretionary trading did not perform as well. I struck out again, bringing my losing streak to three.
This time, it was the result of ECB President Mario Draghi's pledge. According to him, the central bank would do everything in its power to make sure the euro remains intact. This proved to be extremely beneficial for the euro, as it staged a major rally versus the dollar.
Stopped out at 1.2250: -100 pips / -1.0%
Ah, well... I hope there are better days ahead. My confidence is shot, and I need to come up with a winning trade soon...
- HLHB Weekly Update - March 13, 2013 02:00 13 March 2013
- HLHB Weekly Update - June 25, 2012 23:50 24 June 2012
- HLHB Weekly Update - September 10, 2012 23:54 09 September 2012
- HLHB Weekly Update - July 16, 2012 00:58 16 July 2012
- HLHB Weekly Update - September 24, 2012 02:08 24 September 2012