My HLHB Trend-Catcher System‘s performance last week was as action-packed as the Olympics! Although there were no big trends on EUR/USD, it still closed with a 150-pip gain! Well that is adding the last trade from the week prior.
Here’s a rundown of the trades that materialized:
1. Long at 1.2126. Closed due to new crossover at 1.2111. +15 pips.
2. Short at 1.2111. Closed due to new crossover at 1.2077. +34 pips.
3. Invalid long signal since RSI was not above 50.
4. Invalid short signal since RSI did not cross 50.
5. Long at 1.2090. Trailing stop hit at 1.2120. +30 pips.
6. Short at 1.2130. Closed due to new crossover at 1.2156. -26 pips.
7. Long at 1.2156. Closed due to new crossover at 1.2124. -32 pips.
8. Short at 1.2124. Trailing stop hit at 1.2167. -43 pips.
9. Long at 1.2224. Trailing stop hit at 1.2281. +57 pips.
10. Short at 1.2248.Traling stop hit at 1.2292. -44 pips.
11. Long at 1.2310. Trailing stop hit at 1.2328. +18 pips.
Total Gain (including last week’s open trade): +150 pips
Unfortunately, my discretionary trading did not perform as well. I struck out again, bringing my losing streak to three.
This time, it was the result of ECB President Mario Draghi’s pledge. According to him, the central bank would do everything in its power to make sure the euro remains intact. This proved to be extremely beneficial for the euro, as it staged a major rally versus the dollar.
Stopped out at 1.2250: -100 pips / -1.0%
Ah, well… I hope there are better days ahead. My confidence is shot, and I need to come up with a winning trade soon…