My HLHB Trend-Catcher system has definitely seen better weeks. Last week, it was treated to a fakeout galore! Meanwhile, my countertrend trade on USD/CHF is still alive, and but not really kicking.
The EMAs crossover 15 times during the week. However, only 11 met the HLHB Trend-Catcher 3.0 rules and were valid trades. Here's a quick rundown of my system's performance in the past week:
1. Invalid buy signal since RSI was below 50.0.
2. Invalid sell signal since RSI did not cross 50.0.
3. Long at 1.2304. Closed due to new crossover at 1.2291. -13 pips.
4. Short at 1.2291. Closed due to new crossover at 1.2315. -24 pips.
5. Long at 1.2315. Trailing stop hit at 1.2285. -30 pips
6. Short at 1.2281. Closed due to new crossover at 1.2268. +13 pips.
7. Long at 1.2268. Closed due to new crossover at 1.2250. -18 pips.
8. Short at 1.2250. Closed due to new crossover at 1.2208. +42 pips.
9. Invalid buy signal. RSI was below 50.0.
10. Invalid sell signal. RSI did not cross 50.0.
11. Long at 1.2210. Closed on new crossover at 1.2193. -17 pips.
12. Short at 1.2193. Closed on new crossover at 1.2205. -12 pips.
13. Bought at 1.2205. Closed on new crossover at 1.2193. -12 pips.
14. Short at 1.2193. Trailing stop hit at 1.2213. -20 pips.
15. Long at 1.2234, still open...
With 8 losers and only 2 winners, the system incurred a 61-pip loss for the week. I'm not too bummed out about it though!
Considering that EUR/USD was pretty much in consolidation for the entire week, I think my system did very well in limiting losses. It's also noteworthy to point out that the last signal for the week is still open.
As I've said in my HLHB Q2 2012 review, trades left open over the weekend ALWAYS closed as winners. I definitely have my hopes up that this one won't be any different!
There really much anything to say or show on my USD/CHF trade. After I had entered, the pair surged higher 50-pips. On Friday, however, the price dipped again, bringing the pair right back to where I entered.
Take note that I took the trade on the daily time frame, which means that I'll be holding this trade longer than usual. I could be hold on to this trades for weeks even! In any case, I will be sure to update ya'll if I make any trade adjustments.
- HLHB Weekly Update - November 5, 2012 01:02 05 November 2012
- HLHB Weekly Update - April 10, 2012 00:09 10 April 2012
- HLHB Weekly Update - June 25, 2012 23:50 24 June 2012
- HLHB Weekly Update - August 13, 2012 00:08 13 August 2012
- HLHB Weekly Update - March 13, 2013 02:00 13 March 2013