The HLHB Trend-Catcher system was able to generate 13 crossovers on EUR/USD but only half were valid. At the end of the week, the system walked away with a tiny, almost negligible loss. Below is a list of all the crossovers that materialized, as well as their respective results:
1. Invalid signal since RSI was still below 50.0 when the crossover occurred.
2. Short at 1.3387. Closed at 1.3411 when 50-pip trailing stop was hit. -24 pips.
3. Long at 1.3414. Closed 1.3394 due to new crossover. -20 pips.
4. Short at 1.3394. Closed 1.3413 when 50-pip trailing stop was hit. -19 pips.
5. Invalid signal since RSI was above 50.0 in the candle prior the crossover.
6. Invalid short signal since RSI was above 50.0.
7. Invalid long crossover since RSI was already above 50.0.
8. Short at 1.3436. Closed at 1.3358 due to new crossover. +78 pips.
9-11. Invalid signals. RSI was below 50.0 and did not cross the entire time.
12. Short at 1.3333. Closed at 1.3356 when 50-pip trailing stop was hit. -23 pips.
13. Invalid upward crossover. RSI was already above 50.0 prior the crossover.
Total Gain/Loss: -8 pips.
Total bummer that the RSI kept from the system from jumping in on the huge downward rally at the start of the week on GBP/USD. But oh well! At least the Trend-Catcher caught the drop in the middle of the week, allowing it to finish with a win.
1. Invalid signal since RSI was still above 50.0 when the crossover occurred.
2. Long at 1.5654. Closed at 1.5643 due to new crossover. -11 pips.
3. Short at 1.5643. Closed at 1.5507 due to new crossover. +136 pips.
4. Invalid signal since RSI was still below 50.0 when the crossover occurred.
5. Short at 1.5494. Closed at 1.5521 due to new crossover. -27 pips.
6. Long at 1.5521. Closed due to new crossover at 1.5507. -14 pips.
Total pips: +84 pips
A small win, but a win nonetheless! I hope that my system will be able to extend its gains this week with another win. *fingers crossed!*