The HLHB Trend-Catcher system's gains were only limited last week because there were no big trends that materialized on EUR/USD. But I'm still pretty happy with my system's performance because the RSI was able to filter a couple of fakeouts. Here's a quick rundown of the signals that materialized:
1. Invalid signal since RSI did not cross 50.0.
2. Long at 1.2392. Closed due to new crossover at 1.2388. -4 pips.
3. Invalid signal since RSI did not cross 50.0.
4. Invalid signal since RSI did not cross 50.0.
5. Short at 1.2390. Closed due to new crossover at 1.2424. -34 pips.
6. Long at 1.2425. Closed due to new crossover at 1.2398. -27 pips.
7. Short at 1.2398. Trailing stop hit at 1.2377. +21 pips.
8. Invalid signal since RSI was not above 50.0.
9. Short at 1.2351. Trailing stop hit at 1.2291. +60 pips.
10. Long at 1.2314. Closed due to new crossover at 1.2275. -39 pips.
Total: -23 pips
As for my EUR/USD trade, it's currently up 89 pips. That may seem a lot, but I also have a wide 100-pip stop.
This means that I need to let it ride the downtrend further so that my reward-to-risk ratio is more than 1:1. I am trading the daily time frame, which means I'll be holding on to the trade longer than usual.
I'd be lying if I told you that I'm contented with how my HLHB Trend-Catcher is doing though. I mean I'm happy with it, but I think I can tweak it more to make it even better.
I'm thinking about removing the 50-pip trailing stop for weekend trades like what I did last week. I'll replace it with a regular 50-pip stop if the trade remains open over the weekend.
As I've said in my HLHB Q2 2012 review, all weekend trades that materialized during the quarter closed as winners. Also, the open trade that I pointed out in my last update could've hit my 200-pip profit target at 1.2396 had there been no trailing stop in place.
What do you think? Please lemme know what your thoughts are by voting in the poll below! Thank you!
- HLHB Weekly Update - July 16, 2012 00:58 16 July 2012
- HLHB Weekly Update - April 10, 2012 00:09 10 April 2012
- HLHB Weekly Update - September 24, 2012 02:08 24 September 2012
- HLHB Weekly Update - October 8, 2012 01:54 08 October 2012
- HLHB Weekly Update - September 10, 2012 23:54 09 September 2012