1. Signal from last week. Bought at 1.3201. Closed when 50-pip trailing stop was hit at 1.3243. +42 pips.
2. Sold at 1.3255. Closed when 50-pip trailing stop was hit at 1.3242. +13 pips.
3. Bought at 1.3314. Closed on new crossover at 1.3335. +21 pips.
4. Sold at 1.3344. Closed on new crossover at 1.3327. -17 pips.
5. Invalid signal since RSI did not cross the 50 level.
6. Also invalid since RSI was already below 50.
7. Bought at 1.3358. Closed when 50-pip trailing stop was hit at 1.3308. -50 pips.
8. Sold at 1.3302. Closed on new crossover at 1.3326. +14 pips.
9. Bought at 1.3326. Closed on new crossover at 1.3283. -43 pips.
10. Sold at 1.3283. Closed on new crossover at 1.3302. -19 pips.
11. Bought at 1.3302. Closed when 50-pip trailing stop was hit at 1.3327. +15 pips.
12. Sold at 1.3317. Closed when 50-pip trailing stop was hit at 1.3367. -50 pips.
Total Loss: -74 pips
I know that systems aren’t perfect, but I feel extra sad about it because the loss HAD TO COINCIDE with my not-so-good discretionary trading performance.
Remember my trade on EUR/USD? Well, it turned out to be a loser.
There wasn’t any market-moving report for the euro, but I think rising European bond yields caused the pair to trade below support at the rising trend line and stop me out of my trade at 1.3265. Gaaah!
Long EUR/USD at 1.3327, stopped out at 1.3265: -62 pips/-1.0%
Talk about having a bad week, huh? I hope you guys did better than I. Tell me how your trading went this week on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+.