Preschool>= Lesson Status ?
Kindergarten>= Lesson Status ?
Elementary>= Lesson Status ?
Grade 1 Support and Resistance Levels
Grade 2 Japanese Candlesticks
Grade 3 Fibonacci
Grade 4 Moving Averages
Grade 5 Common Chart Indicators
Middle School>= Lesson Status ?
Grade 7 Important Chart Patterns
Grade 8 Pivot Points
Summer School>= Lesson Status ?
High School>= Lesson Status ?
Grade 9 Trading Divergences
Grade 10 Market Environment
Grade 11 Trading Breakouts and Fakeouts
Grade 12 Fundamental Analysis
Grade 13 Currency Crosses
- What is a Currency Cross Pair?
- Crosses Present More Trading Opportunities
- Cleaner Trends and Ranges
- Taking Advantage of Interest Rate Differential
- Obscure Crosses
- Planning Around News and Fundamentals
- Creating Synthetic Pairs
- Euro and Yen Crosses
- How to Use Crosses to Trade the Majors
- How Cross Currency Pairs Affect Dollar Pairs
- Summary: Currency Crosses
Grade 14 Multiple Time Frame Analysis
Undergraduate>= Lesson Status ?
- Why Keep a Trade Journal?
- Benefits of Keeping a Journal
- What Should You Record in Your Journal?
- Potential Trading Area
- Entry Trigger
- Position Sizing
- Trade Management Rules
- Trade Retrospective
- Trading Journal Statistics
- Reviewing Your Trading Journal
- Difficulties of Keeping a Trade Journal
- Summary: Keeping a Trade Journal
Graduation>= Lesson Status ?
- Which Trading Style is Best for You?
- Which Currencies Should You Trade?
- What is Your Level of Trading Experience?
- Should You Be a Discretionary, Mechanical, or Hybrid Trader?
- What Kind of Mechanical System Suits Your Personality?
- What is Your Attitude Towards Risk?
- What Kind of Stop Suits Your Trading Style?
Focus on the Process. Not on the Profits.
We've made the School of Pipsology as easy and fun as we could to help you learn and understand the basic tools used by forex traders all over the world, but remember that a tool is only as good as its handler.
A painting does not become a beautiful masterpiece by the brush alone. It's the vision and skillful hand of a painter that creates a work of art.
A football doesn't find its way to the end zone by itself. It is the quarterback's ability to read a defense, position his players accordingly, and send the football to the right spot at the right time.
It's not the "ridiculously awesome" indicator, the Cowabunga system, or the "super duper" strategy that gets your account in the black at the end of the year.
It's your ability to read the market, execute the correct strategy for that particular situation, and consistently apply risk management techniques that hopefully gets you more profitable wins than losses in the long run.
Like in art, sports, or any performance endeavor, trading is a multi-faceted skill. The tools alone won't make you successful.
A dedicated effort towards education and application of what you learn, as well as the constant review of your performance is the only path to success.
In the beginning, that process of learning and deliberate practice should be your main focus, NOT the profits.
Continuing with the basketball analogy, if your goal was to reach the NBA, would you get to the level of performance you desired by playing games only?
Or would you develop faster by focusing on physical conditioning, developing different skills (a jumpshot, dribbling, footwork, passing, etc.) in practice, as well as playing games?
Probably the latter right?
If you went straight to the NBA without any training, do you think you'll score many points or win games?
Nope. We didn't think so.
Learn the market. Learn trading techniques and high probability setups/systems.
Learn how to manage risk with proper position sizing and stop losses.
Learn how to put it all together in DEMO.
Then record and review your progress constantly at MeetPips.com.
Over time, this process will lead you to a method or system that works for YOU and that's when your winning trades begin to outweigh your losing trades.
While you are logged into your account,
you can save your progress in the School of Pipsology!
- Congratulations! You Made It!
- Focus on the Process. Not on the Profits.
- Holy Cow! There's No Holy Grail!
- Be Patient. Stay Disciplined.
- Love the Game
- School's Over! Now What?