A fundamental mistake many novice forex traders make is to forget to assess what type of market they are working with and adjust their approach accordingly.
Navy Seals and Army rangers are trained to carry out missions on many different kinds of terrain: deserts, swamps, jungles, tundra, oceans, Pipcrawler's castle.
Without this training, their effectiveness would be limited: they'd struggle to survive on unfamiliar terrain because their skills wouldn't work (imagine a solider in white winter camouflage, trying to hide in a dark green jungle).
The first lesson they learn is how to evaluate their environment and consider what tactics and strategies from their skill set will work for where they are.
The same is true for new traders. Instead of geographic environments, you must pay attention to the market environments you are in, and use the right approaches for where you are.
- Do You REALLY Want to be Elite? 14:00 03 June 2011
- Take Responsibility for Your Trades 14:09 01 March 2013
- You can't handle the truth! 14:02 03 March 2008
- Do You Have What It Takes? 03:06 03 October 2007
- Why You Do What You Do 01:20 06 March 2010