This pair of maps show the global presence of Starbucks coffee shops and McDonald's restaurants. When examined graphically, both companies act as global hubs that connect some of the world's poorest, most remote countries with some of the wealthiest. Very cool yet freaky at the same time!
While we're on the subject of McDonald's, are you familiar with the Big Mac Index?
The Big Mac index created by The Economist is an informal way of measuring the purchasing power parity (PPP) between two currencies and provides a test of the extent to which market exchange rates result in goods costing the same in different countries.
What about a tall latte index to go with that burger?
- What is the ISM Manufacturing Survey? 05:45 01 November 2012
- US Economic Health 09:25 23 April 2009
- China Jitters 05:55 30 June 2010
- What Are the Chinese PMI Reports and Why Should I Care? 06:41 17 February 2012
- China Plays Nice? 05:39 21 June 2010