What’s worse than a loss? Two losses. Unfortunately, the HLHB Trend-Catcher ended the week with losses on EUR/USD and GBP/USD.
The HLHB Trend-Catcher 3.0 managed to avoid a few bad trades, but it still finished the weak in the red. It caught four fakeouts and only one winning trade. Below is the list of crossover that occurred as well as their respective results:
1. Invalid downward crossover. RSI was above 50.0.
2. Long at 1.3143. Closed at 1.3180 due to new crossover. +37 pips.
3. Short at 1.3180. Closed at 1.3194 due to new crossover. -14 pips.
4. Invalid upward crossover. RSI was below 50.0.
5. Short at 1.3079. Closed at 1.3106 due to new crossover. -27 pips.
6. Long at 1.3106. Stopped out at 1.3088 when 50-pip trailing stop was hit. -18 pips.
7. Short at 1.3045. Stopped out at 1.3095 when 50-pip trailing stop was hit. -50 pips.
8. Invalid upward crossover since RSI was below 50.0
Total Loss: -75 pips
The HLHB Trend-Catcher did even worse on GBP/USD! A quick glance at the outcome of the trades that materialized during the week shows that it caught a lot of fakeouts. The system also didn’t score any big win as the pair didn’t really trend during the week.
1. Short at 1.5494. Closed at 1.5513 due to a new crossover. -19 pips.
2. Long at 1.5513. Closed at 1.5483 due to a new crossover. -30 pips.
3. Short at 1.5483. Closed at 1.5504 due to a new crossover. -21 pips.
4. Long at 1.5504. Closed at 1.5556 when the 50-pip trailing stop was hit. +52 pips.
5. Short at 1.5556. Closed at 1.5571 due to a new crossover. -15 pips.
6. Long at 1.5571. Closed at 1.5562 due to a new crossover. -9 pips.
7. Invalid short signal since RSI was above the 50.0 level during the crossover.
8. Long at 1.5572. Closed at 1.5542 when the 50-pip trailing stop was hit. -30 pips.
9. Short at 1.5541. Closed at 1.5546 due to a new crossover. -5 pips.
10. Invalid long signal since RSI was below the 50.0 level during the crossover.
11. Short at 1.5507. Closed at 1.5557 when 50-pip stop was hit. -50 pips.
12. Long at 1.5568. Closed at 1.5565 due to a new crossover. -3 pips.
Total Loss: -130 pips
The market has been trading choppily these past few weeks and it’s taking a toll on my system. I’m not sure when the market will trend again, but I hope it happens very soon. If this keeps up, the system’s gains might end up getting erased… Oh well, I guess I’ll just have to tough it out until market conditions get better!