HLHB Trend-Catcher 3.0
Slowly but surely, is the way of the HLHB! The HLHB Trend-Catcher has extended its winning streak. Although its gains haven't been as impressive as those that it scored in Q2 2012, it looks like they are growing bigger and bigger each week!
Here's how it did last week:
1. Long at 1.2354. Closed due to new crossover at 1.2329. -25 pips.
2. Short at 1.2329. Closed due to new crossover at 1.2358. -29 pips.
3. Long at 1.2358. Closed due to new crossover at 1.2321. -37 pips.
4. Short at 1.2321. Closed due to new crossover at 1.2342. -21 pips.
5. Long at 1.2342. Closed due to new crossover at 1.2460. +118 pips.
6. Invalid short signal. RSI did not cross 50.
7. Invalid long signal. RSI was already above 50.
8. Short at 1.2453. Closed due to new crossover at 1.2478. -25 pips.
9. Long at 1.2478.Closed due to new crossover at 1.2559. +81 pips
10. Invalid short signal. RSI did not cross 50.
Total gain: +62 pips
I know 62 pips is not a lot. However, that's still bigger than its 15-pip gain from the week before and the 24-pip win from a couple of weeks ago. That's why I'm pretty hopeful that my system will chug in more pips this coming week!
As for my USD/JPY intraday trade, I decided to cancel after the U.S. trading session was over. I mentioned that it was only going to be a day trade, and I didn't want to leave any open limit orders overnight. Better be safe than sorry, right?
Besides, the pair simply ranged the entire day and exhibited almost zero volatility. Hopefully, I can find a trade a setup this week that gets triggered.
- HLHB Weekly Update - August 20, 2012 02:52 20 August 2012
- HLHB Weekly Update - November 5, 2012 01:02 05 November 2012
- HLHB Weekly Update - June 25, 2012 23:50 24 June 2012
- HLHB Weekly Update - April 10, 2012 00:09 10 April 2012
- HLHB Weekly Update - October 8, 2012 01:54 08 October 2012