Trading can sometimes get pretty boring… or lonely. Maybe you’re just waiting for a chart pattern formation, a mechanical signal, or a fundamental news release. Maybe it’s 1am and everyone in your house is sleeping. Or maybe nobody else in your social circle understands what in the world forex trading is!
It’s during these times when you need other traders to talk to. You need trade ideas, trading insights, or just another human being to keep you sane and tell you that you are not alone.
Enter Twitter. Now, enter BabyPips.com. Finally, enter YOU, the sociable (at least online) trader.
If you’re not following these FX gurus, then you’re NOT getting the most value from your Twitter account! Following the right people can give you valuable real-time information on current forex news, events and ideas!
So without further ado, we’re pleased to give you 2011′s Top 11 MUST-FOLLOW Forex Tweeters voted by you!
• Latest Tweet: “$gbpusd bears will be looking to keep cable below 6250 here and press.. stay nimble…”
• Follower Count: 4,773
• Social Proof: “@50Pips Takes time out from his trading his own book to help anyone that asks and that too for free.” .” -@Deano5050
• Latest Tweet: “@piptee yep but the truth is losing streaks destroy many traders, they forget that another winning streak is right on the other side.”
• Follower Count: 5,337
• Social Proof: “@caseystubbs is a great leader, as well as a great trader. He will help anyone, whatever their trading level.” -@shinobi_brian
• Latest Tweet: “$EURUSD $6E_F Still looking to short EURO at 1.3725 – STOP above 1.3800 – back later.”
• Follower Count: 1,582
• Social Proof: “I nominate @RenaTrader for a Shorty Award in #finance because… he’s a great coach” –@DicasDeBolsa
• Latest Tweet: “@FX1Trader weekly $USDX far from those multimonth & multiyear support levels but if FOMC sticks to the script, it will turn ugly”
• Follower Count: 10,333
• Social Proof: “Definitely @alaidi! His tweets have more content and have more depth than full-length essays!” -@ryanfabros
• Latest Tweet: “GBPUSD: Playing around 4hr uptrendline, but well-supported above daily’s up trendline”
• Follower Count: 2,799
• Social Proof: “She tweets her trades well regardless if they are winners or losers which makes her a winner and not a wiener!!” –@butchbelano
• Latest Tweet: “5 minutes before open #EURUSD 1.37025 | #EURJPY 113.82 | #GBPUSD 1.6258 | $USDJPY 83.06″
• Follower Count: 1,457
• Social Proof: “Knows his charts & shares. Those at least are good” -@fx_13
• Latest Tweet: “I got out on the back of those comments 13 super fast Eur smashing it & I thought BOE king was the guys 2 worry about LOL”
• Follower Count: 2,308
• Social Proof: “We must follow this guy because he has great cable insights!!!” –@leanco
• Latest Tweet: “It takes trading experience to know how to exit as much as enter. Problem is it takes a long time 2 have enough experience on exits”
• Follower Count: 2,017
• Social Proof: “@tradercisco is fun, inspirational, educational, helpful and honest. Goes out of his way to help traders on Twitter. Top chap!”
• Latest Tweet: “PERFECT corrective action in $EURGBP. If it weren’t for news, I would have added some more shorts. O well. I wait.”
• Follower Count: 2,490
• Social Proof: “Because @faithmight collects the pips with style!” –@FXstorm
• Latest Tweet: “taken out of $eurusd at BE. glad i took profits on that when i did. $gbpchf looking good so far.”
• Follower Count: 1,097
• Social Proof: “I follow him cuz he’s a nice guy who likes to share his thoughts on the market ;)” –@esanchez81
• Latest Tweet: “USDCHF http://chart.ly/5i5pnqa GBPCHF hits 23% fib retracement from the daily rally + BIG support zone (old resis)& bouncesss”
• Follower Count: 1,391
• Social Proof: “Because he’s knowledgeable, funny, and so damn cute.”–@shali27
These folks are really friendly, as they’re known to help out with any burning FX question that you may have for them. To make things even more interesting, they might just give you a glimpse of how they are outside of trading, too.
And of course, don’t forget we also have our very own Twitter accounts!
@BabyPips – Think you have the brain power to give the first correct answer to our weekly forex pop quiz? Take the test and if you’re the quickest to bring the right answers, you’ll get $5 PLUS bragging rights! Aside from that you’ll also get tweets about BabyPips.com blog posts, interesting forex forum threads and if we’re feeling nice, we’ll even tell you about Cyclopip’s dinner (or who Pipcrawler is dating)!
@MeetPips- Trade journals, blog posts, new forex trader friends from all over the world and much, much more! Brace yourselves for tweets featuring blog posts and strategies from other traders, inspiring quotes, and just about anything under the sun to be shared with the forex community!
@ReviewPips- Thanks to the awesome FX-Men, Sir Scam-A-Lot’s been going undercover for you to expose which forex products and services are of high quality and which ones are not. As an authority on scams, y’all better watch out for his tweets – he might just have a review about a forex product or service you’re thinking of buying or using.
@AskPips- Dwelling on a forex question? Not sure who and where to ask? Check
out Pipstradamus’ tweets and you just might find your question already being asked by a fellow trader! Who knows, you might end up answering a forex question yourself! Even if it’s as complicated as ‘What is Pipstradamus hiding under his turban?’
@FreshPips – You have to have the most recent currency news and analysis on your Twitter stream! ‘Nuff said