Preschool>= Lesson Status ?
Kindergarten>= Lesson Status ?
Elementary>= Lesson Status ?
Grade 1 Support and Resistance Levels
Grade 2 Japanese Candlesticks
Grade 3 Fibonacci
Grade 4 Moving Averages
Grade 5 Common Chart Indicators
Middle School>= Lesson Status ?
Grade 7 Important Chart Patterns
Grade 8 Pivot Points
Summer School>= Lesson Status ?
High School>= Lesson Status ?
Grade 9 Trading Divergences
Grade 10 Market Environment
Grade 11 Trading Breakouts and Fakeouts
Grade 12 Fundamental Analysis
Grade 13 Currency Crosses
- What is a Currency Cross Pair?
- Crosses Present More Trading Opportunities
- Cleaner Trends and Ranges
- Taking Advantage of Interest Rate Differential
- Obscure Crosses
- Planning Around News and Fundamentals
- Creating Synthetic Pairs
- Euro and Yen Crosses
- How to Use Crosses to Trade the Majors
- How Cross Currency Pairs Affect Dollar Pairs
- Summary: Currency Crosses
Grade 14 Multiple Time Frame Analysis
Undergraduate>= Lesson Status ?
- Why Keep a Trade Journal?
- Benefits of Keeping a Journal
- What Should You Record in Your Journal?
- Potential Trading Area
- Entry Trigger
- Position Sizing
- Trade Management Rules
- Trade Retrospective
- Trading Journal Statistics
- Reviewing Your Trading Journal
- Difficulties of Keeping a Trade Journal
- Summary: Keeping a Trade Journal
Graduation>= Lesson Status ?
- Which Trading Style is Best for You?
- Which Currencies Should You Trade?
- What is Your Level of Trading Experience?
- Should You Be a Discretionary, Mechanical, or Hybrid Trader?
- What Kind of Mechanical System Suits Your Personality?
- What is Your Attitude Towards Risk?
- What Kind of Stop Suits Your Trading Style?
Harmonic Price Patterns
Now that you've got the basic chart patterns down, it's time to move on and add some more advanced tools to your trading arsenal.
In this lesson, we'll be looking at harmonic price patterns. These bad boys may be a little harder to grasp but once you spot these setups, it can lead to some very nice profits!
The whole idea of these patterns is that they help people spot possible retracements of recent trends. In fact, we'll make use of other tools we've already covered - the Fibonacci retracement and extensions!
Combining these wonderful tools to spot these harmonic patterns, we'll be able to distinguish possible areas for a continuation of the overall trend.
In this lesson, we're going to discuss the following Harmonic Price Patterns:
- ABCD Pattern
- Three-Drive Pattern
- Gartley Pattern
- Crab Pattern
- Bat Pattern
- Butterfly Pattern
But don't you worry... Once you get the hang of things, it'll be as easy as 1-2-3! We'll start off with the more basic ABCD and three-drive patterns before moving on to Gartley and the animals.
After learning about them, we'll take a look at the tools you need in order to trade these patterns successfully.
For all these harmonic patterns, the point is to wait for the entire pattern to complete before taking any short or long trades. You'll see what we're talking about later on so let's get started!
While you are logged into your account,
you can save your progress in the School of Pipsology!
- Harmonic Price Patterns
- The ABCD and the Three-Drive
- The Gartley and the Animals
- 3 Steps in Trading Harmonic Price Patterns
- Summary: Harmonic Price Patterns