The trend was up the entire day.
Today I only looked for long trades.
News events to watch for today :
- 4:30am EST- UK ILO Unemployment Rate ; Average Earnings; Claimant Count
- 6:00am EST– UK CBI Distributive Trades
- 8:30am EST– US CPI ; Empire State Survey
- 9:00am EST– US TIC Data
- 9:15am EST– US Capacity Utilization; Industrial Production
- 10:00am EST– US NAHB Builders Survey
12:30am EST– There was a moving average crossover for a short trade. RSI was less than 50, stochastics were trending down and MACD was positive and losing value. This was a valid entry.
The entry was at the close of the candle at 1.5753 with a stop at the most recent swing high at 1.5768. Since I was only 3 pips away from the nearest 50 or 00 level (1.5750), I decided to go for the same amount of pips I was risking on the trade, which in this case was 15 pips. This put my initial target at 1.5738.
Entry: Short at 1.5753 Stop: 1.5768 Target: 1.5738
1:00am EST– My target was hit. Price made a clean break so I moved my stop to stop to 1.5738 and set my next target at 1.5700.
2:30am EST– Unfortunately I got stopped out at my initial target at 1.5738. (+15 pips)
4:30am EST– There was a valid signal here but because it was a news candle I did not enter.
Trade Result: +15 pips R-Multiple: 1.00
News events to watch for Thursday:
- 4:30am EST- UK Retail Sales
- 8:30am EST– US Building Permits ; Housing Starts; Initial Claims
- 10:00am EST– US Philadelphia Fed Survey