Thanks to the filters of the HLHB Trend-Catcher, I was able to turn a small profit last week. The system was lost 8 pips on EUR/USD and gained 25 pips on GBP/USD. Find out more below!
There were a lot of invalid signals on EUR/USD and the system closed with a very minor lose. It’s a very small loss though and the gain on GBP/USD managed to make up for it. Below is the list of all the setups that materialized as well as their corresponding results:
1. Invalid signal since the RSI was already above 50.0 prior the bullish crossover.
2. Short at 1.2923. Closed at 1.2940 due to the new crossover. -17 pips.
3. Invalid bullish crossover. RSI was already above 50.0 even before the signal materialized.
4. Short at 1.2930. Closed at 1.2930 due to the new crossover. 0 pips.
5. Long at 1.2930. Closed at 1.2901 when 50-pip trailing stop was hit. -29 pips.
6. Invalid bearish crossover. The RSI was already below the 50.0 level even before the signal formed.
7. Long 1.2890. Closed at 1.2928 due to the 50-pip trailing stop. +38 pips.
8. Invalid short signal. RSI was above 50.0.
9. Invalid long signal. RSI did not cross the 50.0 level from below.
10. Invalid short signal. RSI was already below 50.0 prior the crossover.
Total Gain / Loss: -8 pips
The Trend-Catcher had a so-so week on GBP/USD. It caught the big rally when GBP/USD reversed its initial gains but its gains were cut short when price pulled back. There were also a few fakeouts early on in the week that took their toll on my system’s scorecard.
1. Invalid short signal since RSI was still above 50.0.
2. Invalid long signal since RSI was already above 50.0 prior the crossover.
3. Short at 1.5112. Closed at 1.5109 due to new crossover. +3 pips.
4. Long at 1.5109. Closed at 1.5099 due to new crossover. -10 pips.
5. Short at 1.5099. Closed at 1.5108 due to new crossover. -9 pips.
6. Long at 1.5108. Closed at 1.5086 when 50-pip trailing stop was hit. -22 pips.
7. Short at 1.5036. Closed at 1.5057 when 50-pip trailing stop was hit. -21 pips.
8. Long at 1.5051. Closed at 1.5150 when 50-pip trailing stop was hit. +99 pips.
9. Short at 1.5210. Closed at 1.5225 due to new crossover. -15 pips.
10. Invalid long signal since RSI was below 50.0.
11. Invalid short signal since RSI was above 50.0.
Total Gain / Loss: +25 pips