Ayayay! My Trend Catcher System 3.0 raked in a handful of fakeouts as EUR/USD was stuck in a consolidation for the most part of the week.
Unlike last week, EUR/USD consolidated for the first three days of this week. Consequently, my system raked in one fake out after another! But before I get to the bad part, I’m happy to report that the last signal which materialized last week (Long at 1.3042) closed at 1.3234 with a 192-pip win!
Now without further ado, here’s how my system did this week:
- Crossover at 1.3234 not valid. RSI was not below 50.
- Bought at 1.3259, closed on new crossover at 1.3231: -28 pips.
- Sold at 1.3231, closed on new crossover at 1.3255: -24 pips
- Bought at 1.3255, closed on new crossover at 1.3234: -21 pips.
- Sold at 1.3234, closed on new crossover at 1.3249: -15 pips
- Bought at 1.3249, closed on new crossover at 1.3234: -15 pips
- Sold at 1.3234, closed on new crossover at 1.3240: -6 pips
- Bought at 1.3240, closed on new crossover at 1.3230: -10 pips
- Sold at 1.3230, closed on new crossover at 1.3238: -8 pips
- Crossover at 1.3238 not valid. RSI was not above 50.
- Sold at 1.3227, closed on new crossover at 1.3242: -15 pips.
- Bought at 1.3242, trade still open…
Total gain/loss for the week: -142 pips
It was a really bad week for me. My USD/CHF trade ended up with a loss and the HLHB Trend-Catcher did not produce a profit. Nevertheless, I have to keep my chin up and move on. Losses are part of trading and not every week will end up positive.
This goes not only for me, but for other traders as well. It’s okay to feel down, but what’s important is for you to look past those losses and focus on the process.