Here’s a rundown of the system’s trade signals:
1. Sold at 1.3276, signal from last week. It closed when the 50-pip trailing stop was hit (1.3205): +71 pips
2. Bought at 1.3239, closed when 50-pip trailing stop was hit at 1.3235: -4 pips
3. Sold at 1.3237, closed when 50-pip trailing stop was hit at 1.3177: +60 pips
4. Bought at 1.3203, closed on new crossover at 1.3157: -46 pips
5. Sold at 1.3157, closed when 50-pip trailing stop was hit at 1.3130: +27 pips
6. Bought at 1.3158, closed on new crossover at 1.3144): -14 pips
7. Sold at 1.3130, closed when 50-pip trailing stop was hit at 1.3024: +106 pips
8. Bought at 1.3042, trade still open…
Total gain for this week: 200 pips!
On the other hand, it pains me to report that I failed to jump in on the rally on GBP/USD. I was away from my desk when a bullish marubozu formed above the 1.5700 handle. By the time I got back, the pair was already trading around the 1.5800 level. Gaah!
But it’s okay. On the not-so-bad side of things, at least I didn’t lose anything. Also, being right on the money in anticipating a reversal on the pair has been a big confidence booster. Risk appetite picked up yesterday thanks to developments in Europe and positive data from the U.S.
Going back to my piptastic system, I just want to say that I’m really happy with its performance this week. I’m just REALLY curious though, do any of use the HLHB Trend-Catcher too? Do your results match up with mine? Hit me up!