It’s that time of the week again! And by this, I don’t mean Football Fridays. (You may want to talk to Cyclopip about that.) What I’m actually talking about is none other than my weekly update!
It seems that risk sentiment has been dictating price action recently, as positive U.S. reports this week seem to have had a bearish effect on the dollar. The most surprising event this week was probably the very optimistic tone of the FOMC meeting minutes.
To be honest, I’ve been pretty busy for the most part of the week preparing for my job interview that I wasn’t able to go back to trading my HLHB system like I planned. Despite this, I was able to put on a nice little EUR/USD swing trade. You should check it out.
I also have a very special surprise for ya’ll today… I would ask you to guess, but I think it’s pretty obvious from the title. You can download the HLHB Version 2.0 EA for FREE! Yay!
And before you make any assumptions, let me just say that I DID NOT program this. While I do know a thing or two about computers, I am certainly not an expert. The EA was actually done by a very sweet gentleman (who asked for his name to be kept anonymous) a few days back.
Now for the “how-to” guide…
How to Install the HLHB Version 2.0 EA on MetaTrader 4
- Download the HLHB Version 2.0 EA (HLHB Version 2.0 – Right click the link then “Save as…”)
- Place the HLHB Version 2.0 EA file in the “experts” folder while MetaTrader 4 is closed. The “experts” folder is usually located at C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts. This location will vary depending on your broker so you have to look for it yourself.
- Start MetaTrader 4
- In the navigator window on the left side, under “Expert Advisors” you will notice the new EA. Just drag and drop the icon of the EA to the 4-hour chart of EUR/USD.
- In the pop-up box that comes up, you must check “live trading” so the EA will work. You should check “Long & Short” trades.
- Click “OK.” If you did everything correctly, you will see a small smiling face at the top right hand corner of the chart with “HLHB Version 2.0″ right next to it.
If the small face is not smiling, it could mean that you did not check “Allow Live Trading” or you did not click the middle button in the MetaTrader 4 toolbar that says “Expert Advisors.” You will know that automated trading is active if the “Expert Advisor” button has a green icon on it.
Now, it’s time for a major disclaimer. My backtest shows that the HLHB Version 2.0 is NOT profitable. I am simply uploading this mechanical system since I love you guys.
“Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results!!!”